Excel Import – 1 – File Import
Maintenance > Excel Import
Explanation of the different types of imports that are allowed using Excel Import. Import brand new contacts, brand new activity records (donations, interactions, etc.), or update existing records.
Note: This video does not reflect the most recent changes. The most recent version of this tool can now update all record types including donations. Just make sure to use the appropriate IPK field (e.g. DonationIPK, InteractionIPK, etc.) instead of the ContactIPK when updating a record.
The first step in the Excel import process is to load the spreadsheet you wish to import into DonorSnap and then specify what type of import (or update) you are doing.
- Browse for the desired spreadsheet.
- Upload the file into DonorSnap. This may take a few seconds depending upon the size of your file. Files that are too large will need to be broken down into smaller segments. When the upload is complete when DonorSnap puts your file name in red next to the “File Uploaded” label.
- Specify which sheet of the Excel spreadsheet you wish to import.
- Select whether you want to add brand new records or update existing records already in your database.
- Click one of the radio boxes to specify what type of records your are importing/updating.
- If you are importing new Contact records, perform duplicate checking.
Select one or all of the Duplicate checking boxes prior to leaving this screen.
DonorSnap will perform the appropriate checking and warn you of possible duplicate Contacts; they still we be imported if you don’t choose to exclude them in the review stage (Step 4).
The column on the Right is a listing of all the fields that can be imported into DonorSnap. To see the names of the fields, click on the “+” next to a table name to see the DonorSnap field names.