Getting Started – Set Up Checklist
If you are a new User to DonorSnap, here some links to videos and todos to get you off on the right foot.
- Set up all your DonorSnap Users and their Rights to the database and feature menus.
Maintenance > Site-Setup > User Setup
- Once logged in as Your User, customize your Dashboard Apps
- For the user handling Acknowledgements, add the app for Acknowledgements Pending.
- If you are using Responsive Forms, add the app for Responsive Forms Open Records.
- EDs and Administrators may want to add apps for Recent Donations/Top Donors. Build Goals related to your Appeals & Campaigns.
- Create your Thank You letters in Word and upload in to the program (Video)
- Set up your integration with Quickbooks (either QB Desktop or QB Online).
QB Desktop Guide
QB Online Guide
- Create your account with GoEMerchant to take online donations. (Website)
- Edit drop-downs for BLACK DonorSnap fields (DonationType, Appeal, Accounting Code, etc.) under Maintenance > Site-Setup > DonorSnap Site Lookups
- Add additional BLUE fields to the program (Attributes, Volunteer Interests, Birthdate, etc.) under Maintenance > Site-Setup > User-Defined Controls
- Add your Organization Contacts (where you assign an individual contact to a Board member or Key Staff member) under Community > Organization Contacts
- Set your System date. Go to Maintenance > Site-Setup > Additional Site-Options. At the bottom click the button for Change Options and enter your End of Year date in the field.
- Run a Duplicates report. Reports > Administrative Reports > Duplicates Reports to see what duplicates you may have in the system. Run a variety of the different reports, print them out, and go research.