Responsive Forms – 2 – Settings Tab
Online Forms > Responsive Forms > Settings tab
- Adjust all of the settings for your form
- Add a header, logo, and other page setup
- Explanation of sign in/registration form
- Confirmation Web Page
- Confirmation Email and send a copy of all emails to a BCC email address
- Customize the submit button
- Set the default formatting for all fields, new sections, new headings, and new textboxes
The Settings Tab
The Settings Tab is where you affect all the background information about your form (colors, your top image, the confirmation page & email, etc.) Use the menu on the left to navigate through all the settings.
Registration allows visitors to your website to create an email/password for your forms. This is helpful in two ways:
1) for forms where a visitor might complete often, such as Volunteer Hours, they only need to login with their email/password and then they don’t have to fill out all their personal information again. Less work for them!
2) on your DonorSnap Admin side, once a form is submitted the first time, you will connect it with the correct Contact inside DonorSnap. But the second time they submit a form, the submission is automatically connected to the correct Contact. Less work for you!
Consider including Registration for repeated-entry forms, such as Volunteer Hours, but do not include it for Donation forms (those you want to be as Easy As Possible… don’t scare your visitors with having to “register” just to make a donation).
Customize the Registration Form
If you add registration to your form, would you also like them to be able to bypass that and enter as a “Guest”?
You can customize the text associated with the Registration page so it makes more sense to your web visitors.
You can also customize the look and feel of the buttons on the Registration page.
When a form is submitted, their browser window will immediately pop up a Confirmation Page.
Customize this page with your Thanks for their form submission.
This is a great time to insert LINKS back to your website for more information, let them know that they will also receive an email receipt, etc.
All form submissions will send a confirmation email immediately.
Customize that email here.
Enter the name/email of the Sender. Include a BCC email if needed.
Choose whether or not to include the fields they completed on the form.
This is a great time to send them additional information about the form they submitted. For example, if it’s a registration for the Golf Tournament, give them instructions of what to bring, directions to the event, etc. If for volunteers, let them know you’ll be following up soon about their background check, etc. Skies the limit – but here’s your chance to tell them all they need to know!
The Submit Button option is just as it sounds, what do you want your button to say? And what color do you want it to be?
When you are on the Form Builder tab of the form itself, you can add in Headings and Text Boxes. And honestly, that’s when most of us do that kind of work.
But if you are ahead of the game and have an established Map of the Fonts, Sizes, Colors, etc., that you want for your form, you can establish them on the Form Builder menu option of the Settings menu. Of course all that you create here can also be edited and modified individual once you’re on the Form Builder tab of the actual form (so they don’t have to be set in stone).